In an effort to maintain and enhance the local economy, the City of Marshall is taking an active role in Economic Development.
- Marshall is located just off of Interstate 70 (Exit 147) at the intersection of Illinois Route 1 and U.S. 40. It is located 17 miles west of Terre Haute, Indiana; 92 miles west of Indianapolis, Indiana; 193 miles south of Chicago and 153 miles east of St. Louis.
- Marshall is home to TRW, Charles Industries, Doric Products, Inc., Custom Films, Heartland Labels, Kimco USA and Yargus Manufacturing.
- Marshall is the county seat of Clark County.
- Certain areas of the community have been earmarked for Economic Development: the Interstate and Quality Lime Road.
Economic Development Areas
- Interstate Plaza Economic Development Area is generally located at the intersection of Illinois State Route 1 and Interstate 70.
- The Marshall Development Area is generally located in the area South and East of the ConRail Railroad, which contains the majority of the land within the City Limits of Marshall.
- The Quality Lime Road Development Area is generally located at the intersection of US Route 40 (Old National Road) and Quality Lime Road
- City of Marshall Zoning Map
Enterprise Zone: The City of Marshall is a participant in the Clark County Enterprise Zone. Interested parties should contact City hall at 217-826-8084 to see if their site of building qualifies for a Sales Tax Abatement, Real Estate Tax Abatement and/or Investment Tax Credit. You may obtain a Clark County Enterprise Zone-Commercial/Industrial Project Application by clicking on the link or by calling the Economic Development Director at 217-826-8084.
Revolving Loan Fund: The City of Marshall has funds that have been recycled from previous CDAP applicants. These funds are available on a competitive basis to qualified applicants.
State Incentives: The Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity has several programs to assist in attracting and retaining Illinois businesses based on job creation. For more information, please visit the State of Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity web site.
NOTE: Applications for the programs listed above must be obtained and approved before a project begins.
Demolition/Rebuild Program –This grant was established to provide some assistance to property owners. This grant will pay 50% of labor/waste disposal fees for any demolition up to a maximum of $1500.
Utility Grant - This grant was established to help new businesses with their utility costs. Based on job creation, the grant will pay up to $1,200.
New Construction Grant- This program is designed for new construction within city limits. The incentive provides up to $2,500 for a 30” culvert and backfill, electric meter box fees, water meter fees, sewer tap fess and gas line up to 2.25 per foot and meter fees.
For further questions about Economic Development in the City of Marshall please contact the Economic Development Director.