We’ve been cooped up too long. We’ve been waiting for excitement, fun, and yes… fitness. Marshall is hosting a fantastic event that everyone in the family will want to attend. Join us on Saturday, June 5, 2021, right downtown, where there will be something for everyone, including a triathlon and you won’t want to miss it.
Here is how the day will unfold:
– 6:00 a.m. – 7:45 a.m. Transition Opens
– 6:00 a.m. – 7:30 a.m. Participants need to come to Registration and get their Race Day Packet
(Parking and packet pickup will be located at the Marshall Community Pool located at 502 N 2nd St, Marshall)
– 7:45 a.m. Pre-race meeting at the beach
– 8:00 a.m. Triathlon race start
– 8:30 a.m. 5K race start
– 9:00 a.m. Post-race meals and refreshments served
– 10:00 a.m. The race award ceremony begins
– 11:00 a.m. Food Trucks begin serving
– 11:00 a. m. to 2 p.m. – Games and a bounce house
– 11:00 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Axe Throwing contest in Downtown Marshall
Where will the races be held?
The Fit Foodie Triathlon is one that triathletes will love. The course is fast-paced and intricate and includes Sprint Distance, 300 Meter Swim, 20k Bike Ride, and a 5k Run.
The participants start with a brisk run to jump into the 300-meter snake swim in Marshall’s new outdoor pool.
Next, they hop on their bikes to cover the mostly flat course on some of Marshall’s low-traffic country roads. While most of the bike course is flat, there are two significant hills of a moderate grade that our bikers will have to climb.
Finally, the race ends with a fantastic run through Marshall’s beautiful downtown as they charge past our famous murals and historic buildings to the finish line.
The Presenting Sponsor is Horizon Health. They are proud to be behind this great and healthy event, as is the Marshall Chamber of Commerce puts this whole thing together.
So far, 58 participants have registered with equal parts male and female in ages ranging from teens to ’70s. This race doesn’t discriminate. Everyone can get in on the fun and fitness.
Can we still register for the race?
Yes, but do it soon. Registration fees for the triathlon will increase another $5 on June 1 so, if you or your team still need to register, get ‘er done. You last-minute takers will still be able to register on race day, but there will be a $5 increase for all race day individual registrations (5k and triathletes) and a $10 increase for teams registering on race day.
Register by going to this website – https://fitfoodietri.itsyourrace.com/register/
All-Fit Foodie athletes will receive the following awesome gear and amazing experiences:
– A Custom Fit Foodie t-shirt*
– A custom printed bib
– A race swim cap – triathletes only
– Post-race overall and age group award
– A fantastic post-race meal
– Chip timing to calculate your 5 splits
– Custom printed finisher receipts
* Note: The t-shirt cutoff date is May 30 to be guaranteed a shirt. You must be registered by May 30 to guarantee that you will receive a race shirt.
What food trucks will be there?
The food trucks will be set up around the Clark County Courthouse for everyone to enjoy delightful eats. They will serve food from 11 a.m.-2 p.m., and that is also where the many games and activities and the bounce house will be there for all to enjoy!
Here are the food vendors who will be available in Courthouse Square:
– Bud’s BBQ
– Lily Concessions
– Sweet Tea & Jesus
– D&D Concessions
– Zack’s Snack Shack
– Flip Flop Concessions/Ben’s Pretzels
– Pop’s Kettle Korn
– Roosters & Rumps
– We Lik It Ice Cream
So, let’s all hope for great weather as the temperatures rise and the rain and cold slip away. Bring your family downtown. Even if you are not participating in the race, cheer on the braves souls who are racing—Chow down on some barbeque, chicken, or a giant soft pretzel. Cool off with some sweet tea and ice cream. Send the kids off to bounce in the bounce house or play some games. Toss an ax or two.
This event is the kind of event that proves that Marshall, Illinois is a unique and wonderful place to live or even just to visit. Don’t miss this event… but watch out for flying axes!